Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection caused by “Salmonella Typhi”, a bacterium, which usually enters the system by consuming contaminated water or food. It causes red spots formation, consistent fever, headache and intestinal perforations in the patient which if not treated properly can lead to death. The bacterium grows in the intestines and lasts for 3 to 4 weeks.
What Causes Typhoid Fever?
Typhoid fever is caused by Salmonella Typhi bacterium. These bacteria are usually present in contaminated water and food. The main reasons of cause and spread of Typhoid fever are listed below:
- It is a disease most commonly found in the countries where sanitation facilities are not widely available.
- Inappropriate facilities to maintain hygiene also lead to the spreading of typhoid fever.
- Insects aid in spreading typhoid by sticking their contaminated bodies in to the food and water.
- Improper washing habits after defecation.
- A person suffering from typhoid fever can transmit this disease to healthy people if his water, food, bed is shared. Disease can also be transmitted from the stools and feces of patient.
Symptoms and Signs of Typhoid Fever
The symptoms of the typhoid fever are very prominent. They include:
- High fever which goes up to 104 Fahrenheit
- Generalized pain
- Red colored spots on chest
- Diarrhea, weakness
- Poor appetite
- Intestinal hemorrhage
- Low platelets count causing bleeding
How Typhoid Fever Is Diagnosed?
The common diagnoses include:
- Blood test
- Bone marrow test
- Stool test
- Widal test
Traditional Allopathic Treatment of Typhoid Fever
- Typhoid fever is treated with antibiotics in Allopathy.
- The treatment varies according to the geographical region.
- The prolonged fever results in Pneumonia, intestinal perforations and bleeding in some cases. Different set of antibiotics is prescribed in such cases.
- In few patients with chronic illness, gall bladder needs to be removed to eliminate the infection completely.
- Vaccination is also available for the travelers.
What Are Asymptomatic Carriers of Typhoid Fever
The patients who had chronic typhoid fever, may become carriers of this disease even after they are fully cured. It means that their bodies still carry the bacteria of Typhoid Fever in suppressed form. In these people, usually no obvious signs of Typhoid Fever are seen. These patients are called Asymptomatic Carriers of Typhoid Fever. and they can transmit the disease to other people. Please note that only 3-5% of patients become Asymptomatic Carriers of this disease.
Chronic and Complicated Type of Typhoid Fever
Sometimes, Typhoid fever become chronic and complicated. Widal Test is always positive and shows the Chronic fever. Both Typhi O and S.Typhi H are positive in the test reports. Patient has constant temperature which is not too high. Usually temperature remains in the range of 99 – 99.9 (< 100). Sometimes temperature is not recorded but patient feels feverish. Treatment is possible in Homeopathy. Patient should cooperate with the doctor and should avoid eating food that is not digested easily. This chronic fever can be cured but it will take little more time than acute Typhoid Fever (3-6 months).
Best Homeopathic Treatment of Typhoid Fever
The homeopathic treatment works on the principle of eliminating the root cause of the disease by stimulating the defensive mechanism of the body. The homeopathic practitioners according to the symptoms shown by the patients usually prescribe few medicines. Some are:
- Phosphoric acid
- Muriatic acid
- Rhus toxicodendron
- Carbo vegetabilis
The right medicines are prescribed after studying signs, symptoms and severity of condition. Homeopathic medicines not only cure the symptoms but also address the root cause of issue. The human body’s immune system becomes strong and heals the patient. When proper homeopathic medicines are given, the Typhoid Fever is completely removed and body becomes strong enough to fight the disease itself. This helps in future prevention of disease also. Homeopathic medicines are also used to recover the damages done to all body organs due to Typhoid fever.
The acute Typhoid fever can be treated completely within few days or weeks. The patient becomes 100% healthy. In case of Chronic Typhoid fever, it may take few months for full cure. In chronic conditions, much damage is already done to different organs of body. But good news is that Homeopathic medicines can perfectly treat the chronic patients too. Patient must take the medicines regularly and share the changing signs and symptoms with his homeopathic doctor.
Allopathic Treatment Vs Homeopathic Treatment For Typhoid Fever
We often get in to the discussion of opting for the best treatment methods to cure ourselves from diseases. Few advocate allopathic treatments, some prefer homeopathy while the others favor herbal medicines. In this particular case i.e. curing typhoid fever, homeopathic remedy is no doubt a better option combined with general sanitation awareness after the treatment as a precaution.
- Antibiotics are known to cause several side effects due to their chemical composition.
- Homeopathic treatments do not harm the body in any way. They stimulate the defensive mechanism of the body thereby increasing its immunity to fight against the disease.
- Homeopathy not only eliminates the disease but targets its root cause to eradicate the condition completely.
- Delirium comes as a part of typhoid fever which can be treated properly using homeopathy only. Allopathic treatment induces tranquilizing effect but the homeopathic treatment eliminates the cause of delirium slowly and effectively.
- It is easy on the pocket.
Typhoid fever can be avoided with proper sanitation habits and vaccination. It does take a usual time of 3 to 4 weeks to be cured but with proper treatment there is a possibility of eliminating 100% bacteria from the system.
Typhoid Fever Is Now A Miasm
It is now seen the children of patients suffering from Chronic Typhoid also suffer from this fever. That’s why Typhoid is now known as Miasm. The poison or traces of fever are transferred to new generation.
Video: What is Typhoid Fever & Salmonella Typhi Bacteria
Checkout this video what is Typhoid Fever & Salmonella Typhi. You will also learn about symptoms and causes of Typhoid fever and other details: